The Massive Open Online Course on Essentials of Youth Work, developed by the EU-Council of Europe youth partnership, will provide insights on how youth work can help us create an enabling environment for young people in these difficult times, as well as explore answers to the following questions:
What is youth work?
Who is it for?
Where does it come from?
How is it done and by whom?
How does one become a youth worker?
How is youth work supported?
How is it linked to youth policy?
MOOC on Essentials of Youth Work - Join the course!
The aims of the Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) are:
• Make youth work known to a wide audience and draw attention to its social value;
• Provide an overview of youth work practices and policies; and
• Present current developments in this field.
The learning is expected to generate the following outcomes:
• Become more familiar with the ‘basics’ of youth work (concepts and definitions, forms, practices, approaches, objectives, actors at European and national levels);
• Gain an overview of how youth work is supported (through policies and strategies, youth work research, education of youth workers, funding, etc.);
• Get inspired by the diverse good practices existing in Europe on different aspects of youth work; and
• Reflect on the future of youth work in Europe and on how to engage in youth work developments.
The MOOC is for:
• Students involved in youth work studies or learners involved in non-formal education processes related to youth work;
• Volunteer or paid youth workers;
• Youth work managers;
• Responsible persons for planning youth work at municipal level;
• Youth organisations and other youth platforms;
• Those involved in youth work policy making or in funding youth work;
• Youth workers’ education providers;
• Researchers; and
• Other persons interested in exploring the youth work and youth development.
The MOOC is free of charge.
If you are interested in the MOOC click the links below to:
· Enrol in the course: ➡️ https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/CN8FTT
· Join the Facebook event for future updates ➡️ https://www.facebook.com/events/215414940342626
and connect on 17 May 2021 and discover the second module.
The course runs from 17 May 2021.
The aim is to offer this opportunity to as many young people and interested learners as possible and we would be grateful if you could also share the following posts on your social media platforms with your youth ministries and departments, as well as networks:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eucoeyouth/posts/155220159939976
- Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/215414940342626
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tv/COiXneKCOsV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/eucoeyouth/status/1390335626139115530
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6796101318877552640
- Youtube: https://youtu.be/yzBsB-3FndY (promo video)